Mission, Vision, Goals, Objectives
- IFOAM Asia envisions to nurture and represent “Life Agriculture” or the Organic Movement in Asia in its full diverse cultural, economic and ecological context;
- Upholds the principle of “Organic” or “Life Agriculture” to support both human life and ecology; Recognizes family farms as the core unit of farming communities and as stewards of nature.
- Thereby, IFOAM Asia aims at improving the conditions of farmers, laborers, women, indigenous and other marginalized groups;
- Restoring nature’s balance and capability;
- Contributing towards building sustainable societies.
- Policy advocacy: IFOAM Asia will work actively towards advocacy of organic agriculture and to help or facilitate governments and government agencies to formulate comprehensive policies on Organic Agriculture in their respective countries and/or regions.
- Market and Development: IFOAM Asia aims to develop and promote domestic and regional markets for organic and related products in Asian countries.
- Consumer Awareness: IFOAM Asia will develop programs to enhance and increase awareness of organic foods and products and its benefits among consumers at all levels.
- Research and Development: IFOAM Asia recognizes the critical need for scientific research, education and development in relation to organic production, processing and marketing to benefit organic farmers/producers in Asia.
- To build up unity, alliances and collaborations in Asia with the public, policy stakeholders and governments to ensure that Organic or Life Agriculture is given due importance.
- To advocate the interests and concerns of “Family Farmers” so as to protect and represent them in government and public policies.
- To promote Organic or Life Agriculture as tool to end poverty and for attaining basic food sovereignty, security and safety.
- To recognize the different approaches of guarantee systems and work towards its acceptance and promotion among all Asian countries.
- To research, collect, document and disseminate information and knowledge to all stakeholders of Organic or Life Agriculture in Asia.
- To ensure fairness and social justice for all social classes who labor in agriculture, in particular, disadvantaged and marginalized groups.