Victor Michael Benedict Athula Priyantha (Sri Lanka)
Areas in which I would particularly like to contribute to the work of the IFOAM Asia
- Training and educating, farmers, Farmer leaders, extension officers, students on organic farming, organic certification, developing internal control system and preparation of cultivation plans as per marketing demands on organic products
- Developing curriculums on training and education on organic sector
- Developing and strengthening farmer organization on organic sector for producing, processing, group certification and marketing organic products as per the marketing demands
- Developing linkages among different stakeholders in organic sector to achieve objective of supply of safe healthily and nutritional food for all
- Preparation of project proposal for funding agencies for raising funds for organic farming promotion project
- Bringing farmers experiences, voices and ambitions to organic flat form for developing policies and projects related to organic sector to respect the principle of fairness in organic principles
- Implementing, monitoring and preparation of progress report on organic farming sector projects
- Preparation of business models and business plans for organic sector business
- Developed synergies among different stockholders for developed organic sector in holistic approach
- Developing polices, rules and regulations related to organic agriculture sector
ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN ORGANIC SECTOR:
28 year working experience in Chief Extension officer, Senior Field Consultant, Project Manager, Agricultural Coordination Manager, Senior Manager, Organic Agricultural Consultant, trainer on organic farming, Managing Director, Inspector, Internal Control System Manger, Executive Committee of national organization related organic sector and Environmental specialist on:
- Cultivation of organic products, designing, managing and monitoring of projects on cultivation, processing and marketing of organic products and developing international Internal Controlling System (ICS) for group certification system.
- Developing farmer groups among small group organic farmers, managing medium scale certified organic farms and estates, managing extension team and ICS team at large scales organic growing, processing and organic export companies.
- Working as inspector for Forest Garden Products Certification service
- Conducting training programs for farmers, farmer leader, extension officers on organic farming, organic certification and internal control system.
- Participating international and National training programs conference and workshops relevant to organic sector
- Consulting organic farmer associations and organic export companies on developing. Managing and certifying organic farms and small-scale organic farmers.
- Working as committee member and currently Secretory of Lanka Organic Agriculture Movement (LOAM) and Alternative Agriculture committee at National Science Foundation to develop national policies relevant to organic agriculture sector in Sri Lanka.
- Managing a company which produce and Marketing certified Organic products as Managing Director
- President Mihimandala Organic Farmer welfare Society
- Co Chairmen Ecological Farmers Association in Sri Lanka