Edgardo S. Uychiat (Philippines)
- Advocate of organic agriculture and environmental protection
- President of Negros Island Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development (NISARD) Foundation Inc., a non-government organization advocating for and promoting organic agriculture across the island as a vehicle for rural development, food security and poverty alleviation since 2005
- President of FamilyFarms, Inc., a social enterprise producing specialty organic pigmented rice
- Trustee and Treasurer of Philippine Reef and Rainforest Conservation Foundation, Inc.
- Graduate of Industrial Management Engineering minor in Mechanical Engineering at De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines.
- Studied German and the Common Agricultural Policy of the European Common Market at Schiller College, Heidelberg, Germany
- Finished Masters of Science in Management at Hult School of Management, Boston, Massachusetts.
AREAS OF CONTRIBUTION
- Active advocacy and support in promotion of organic agriculture as a vehicle for rural development, food and bio security, poverty alleviation and environment conservation.
- Develop initiatives for family farmers and fisherfolks have access to the market, get appropriate technical training through season long farmers’ field schools, especially the women and the youth.
- Capacitate farmers group into clusters so that it will be easier for them to get credit, access farm mechanization tools and explore ways of setting up joint ventures for certified processing centers.
- To educate the consumers to support the organic producers so that they will have access to affordable nutrient dense food for their family.
I can participate in the work of IFOAM ASIA Board and serve on the Executive Board.